Thursday, February 28, 2008

Maybe I should be President..

Ok so yesterday I was on the phone with a freind of mine and she suggested that I run for president LMAO. Now as funny as that sounds, and as much as I know it could never happen... (one cause I don't have even close to that type of money) I thought for a second you know I couldn't be any worse then these jackasses that are running now.

I mean I actually care about what happens to the people in this country, so I wouldn't be running for fame or title but to actually help.

My first act would be to give congress a huge pay cut and to actually put the money where its needed. I'd pull troops from places I know they shouldn't be.. because being a vet I understand how they are feeling and what they are going through.

As a mother I know I want my kids to be educated so one of my first acts would be to do a real education reform. I'd not only pass a bill that gave teachers more money I'd make sure we had enough teachers in places that really needed them. Not just teachers though books... UPDATED books.

For those kids that live in cities and bad areas I'd make sure there was money to start programs that kept them off the street and out of danger so that their parents could actually work without fear of their child getting involved in drugs or gangs.

On the health care aspect I'd do my best to make sure that it was affordable to everyone in this country who wanted it. If they don't have a job or just can't get it through their job then I'd make sure there was subsidy programs that helped. Or even goverment programs that foot the bill for them till they could afford it. I don't think anyone should have to go without medical treatment just because they don't make a lot of money.

I mean how is a person suppose to support their family if they can't work because they are sick, or their whole check goes to pay for that doctor visit?

These are just a few of the things I'd actually like to see happen with this country and if I was able to I'd change. Whats sad is those few little things right there can make life in this country a whole lot better for a whole lot of people yet it seems they aren't done because the PTB, don't profit from it so its not worth their time.

0 comments: