Friday, June 15, 2007

Friendship

In my life I have gone through some shit with people and through it all I've learned a few things. The biggest thing I've learned is what real friendship is. I'm not talking about these people who pretend to be your friends when everything in your life is going smoothly I'm talking about real friends. The ones who at 3am will come and pick you up from being stranded and not complain about the time or distance. I'm talking about the ones who will offer you a place to sleep at night when you have no where else to go. Real friends who are there for you not just when times are great but when you're so low that you can't even stand. They are the ones who are lifting you back to your feet and holding you up while you learn to walk again. In my lifetime I have run across a lot of different people, some who called themselves my friends and others who have proven to be so much more.

These are the people that I am thankful for they have given me words of inspriation when I was lost. They have lifted my spirits when I was out of hope. They have opened their homes and their hearts to me and my family. They are to me the truest definintion of what friendship is all about. They show love and kindness not because they have to or because they will get something in return but because they truely care and are truely good people.

To all my friends and you know who you are, thank you for being there and thank you for loving me the way you have. You are all very special and imporatant to me and I love each and every one of you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a gift to have people in your life who will walk a mile for you. It is something to treasure. I have been blessed with so many wonderful people; I never take that for granted. Life is hard; it's nice to know there's someone to help carry the burden.

fallenangel said...

I agree, true friendship is often hard to find. Once you find it though it can last a lifetime.

zukepr said...

True friendship is such a wonderful gift. Some of us have been blessed with true friends and they are cherished.